Friday 11 May 2012

Animals At Rest

This is one of those things that could go one of two ways. First way is making me sound like a genius. An eccentric one but a genius nonetheless. The second way is making me seem like a complete and utter eedjit. This is the most likely option but at least you're pre-warned. See how kind I am?

On to the blof for today. On my way home, we travel pretty much the entire length of the M69 and there's a lot of fields (really, there's loads) along the side of there and in these fields are some of the most adorable alpacas known to humankind


See, they're freaking adorable. 

Also, there are the obligatory sheep, cows and horses. There's even a goat. Just one (again, weird).

Anyway, today I saw a cow and multiple alpacas lying down. This is weird because when they're 'lying down' they don't look like they're lying down. They look like they're sitting up and it freaked me out. 


Weird, right? 

I always associate lying down with being on my side. I sleep curled up on my side and find it extremely weird when people (or animals. Especially animals) don't. So are they, in fact, lying down or are they just having a sit down? Putting their hooves up and having a metaphorical cuppa to take a break from the hard task of standing up and eating all day? This also makes me wonder how farm animals sleep? If the above images are them putting their hooves up for a break then how do they look when they're curled up in their animal beds with their animal duvets and fluffy pillows?

According to Google images, cows look like this:


And sleeping alpacas like this:



I guess Google images has answered my question for me and also made me realise that at least half of the cows and alpacas along the M69 are the type to spend the day sitting down watching Jeremy Kyle, drinking tea and eating biscuits.  

That's all. Definitely leaning towards the eedjit side of the coin. I'm just going to pour myself a lovely cold glass of wine and watch some tv. Or knit or something.

Bye folks

No comments:

Post a Comment