Monday 21 October 2013

Witch movie

Halloween is one of my favourite times of year - every year Sister and I dress up, put on a years worth of eyeliner and hand out sweets to sugar-hyped infants while watching horror films and trying to scare the bejeebus out of ourselves. So far, I've avoided this but Sister is scared of zombies so it's easy to freak her out.

This year I'm planning to be Death. Again. The main change is that I'm going to quiz night at a local pub with the girls so I'll miss the handing out sweets portion of the evening. Luckily, Cousin the Younger is taking Nephew to our house to watch toddler friendly scary films (oxymoron?) and do the sweet handing out because Sister is also scared of people in Halloween masks. Sister is scared of everything fun.

After quiz night, I'll be heading back home and partaking in a few more drinks while watching as many witch movies as I can before I fall asleep on the sofa. I like this plan.

It's my birthday on the 28th and because Cousin the Oldest is on holiday, I couldn't get that time off work so I've booked the 31st and 1st off. So on Halloween afternoon, before all the festivities, I am going to bake some delicious cakes - some for the girls and some for Sister, Cousin the Younger and Nephew to snack on. I will then watch witch films until I really must start to get ready for quiz night. One of the bonuses to having to get up at 5am for work is that it carries over to when I'm not at work and I get loads done before Sister even surfaces to start her day.

Hope you all have a Happy Halloween (even though I'm 10 days early!)




Much love, QoS

No comments:

Post a Comment